This is how you add a new domain to your account Follow this Step-by-Step Guide:
- Scroll to 'Packages'. Than click on 'Add Packages'.
in your package name, Quota (how much space they are allowed, and
Bandwidth (do not leave as unlimited). Please note that 1024 Megabytes
is one Gigabyte. You do not want to go too high by giving the user more
than the server can handle.
- Select the amount of Ftp
Accounts, Email Accounts, Email Lists, SQL Databases, Sub Domains,
Parked Domains, and Add-on Domains this package will allow.
- You may leave Cgi Access and Frontpage Extentions checked, if this package comes with those features.
- Select the cpanel theme, this package will come with.
- Hit the "Create" button and you are all set to move on to the next step.
will only need to create a few packages that should cover all your
needs. Packages allow you to assign the same features and settings to
many domain names. Do not setup a package for every domain name.
Instead assign it a package and modify its settings if you need to
setup a specific setting for one domain.
Create New Account
- Scroll to 'Account Functions'. Than click on 'Create a New Account'.
a domain name in the 'Domain' field. Do not enter a 'www' in this
field. The Webhost Manager software requires this portion to be left
off in order to be set up correctly. Also be sure you have not added a
space in any part of the Domain field. If you do, this may cause
problems in the functionality of the account. The most common error
being a space at the very end. Please recheck the settings before
submitting! This will prevent lots of errors and time having to fix it.
- Enter username and password in their respective fields.
Also note the username field can only fit an eight-character limit.
This is to ensure the directories are not too large.
- Select the package from the dropdown at the bottom of the form.
dropdown with the IP list should also be unchanged. The Webhost Manager
software will automatically generate an IP set for name-based accounts.
- Check over what you've selected and/or done so far and
be sure the IP box is still unchecked. Also recheck the username and be
- Click 'Create' and you're done!
You can then view the output once the account is added, print the page or cut and paste it to email and send it to your client.
How helpful was this article to you?
- Currently 0.00/5